Is Google Doing Away With Interior Website Page Rank (PR)?
Yes, you have heard it first here. After a long tedious, arduous tasks and hours of research, it appears that the latest update from Google doesn’t stop at no referral data on organic search queries. It appears that there is more to it then meets the eye. Google is removing Page Rank (PR) or Page rank Data too. They are stripping internal pages of websites of the PR and currently classifying them as “Unranked”.
I could be wrong here, but I have noticed a number of reputable sites losing their interior page ranks (PR). At first I was worried that it was only happening to my clients, but when I noticed it was becoming more widespread I realized this may be yet another new fold in the Google Query Update.
When I first noticed this I was totally freaked out. So I looked in my Google Webmaster Tools account and didn’t see any new messages or any outstanding concerns. I searched feverishly to see if anyone else was experiencing problems with their pages suddenly becoming “unranked” and was able to find nothing recently. Then I had to evaluate all the information I new and I found. I new we were totally White Hat. I knew we didn’t intentionally do anything wrong.
I have uncovered some information that makes sense to me and I think might be some hybrid of various information to answer the Google PR unranked problem.
- Google has changed their PR URL query string in the past and may be doing it again.
- This is also affecting some other sites too.
- My Clients check out and passed all the tests for non-spam, viruses, hijacking, caching issues.
- My Clients made all required changes and conformed as requested by Google past and present.
- My Clients haven’t been sent any alerts or message by Google.
- My Client’s links haven’t changed in the search results.
- My Clients still have all their pages in the search results.
- Their traffic is still basically the same.
- And when I just check Google’s own PR in my FF plugin their PR is now PRIVATE!!!! Which clearly indicates that they are making some changes to their PR tool.
So doing more in-depth research, I figured it would be a good idea to look at sites that without a doubt are considered reputable, popular and safe. I have now found that many of the inside pages of ESPN now show “unranked” for their PR. Additionally, I have found that the same “unranked” status to interior pages is happening at least in a few instances to NBA.com, MiamiDolphins.com, BuffaloBills.com, The NBA Lakers , TMZ Videos, and many more. Even Bruce Clay’s Site Now Has Some Pages That are Unranked. So that should tell you something you know how well they maintain their SEO, Quality, and Search Presence.
I think we are finally seeing the the new Google Query Update spans further then simply Search Queries. I think eliminating that Query Data is Carrying Over to Google’s Page Rank (PR) Tool.
Google is making mass updates. It started with their Query Data, but is hasn’t stopped there.
I suspect and predict one or all of the following:
- They are making changes that will be to some site’s benefit. Obviously the clientele I mentioned above are 100% legitimate and well respected, therefore if you are experiencing the same problem you be in their group.
- Or and more specifically, something I have long since suspected, they are eventually doing away with interior PR all together 100%. And simply giving the main domain a PR.
- Finally, they are simply doing away with PR 100%, but I don’t think this is the case yet.
Either way and conclusion.
YOU ARE NOT BEING ISOLATED OUT. YOU ARE NOT BEING PICKED ON. PERHAPS YOU ARE BEING GIVEN BONUS POINTS SINCE YOU ARE IN GOOD COMPANY.
BOTTOM LINE, YOU NEED NOT WORRY AT ALL ANYMORE, YOU JUST HAVE TO SIT BACK AND WATCH WHAT UNFOLDS, THEN DEAL WITH IT IF NEEDED. But I think if you are doing the right thing you will be all good here.
This is kind of like the Asteroid thing. You see and know they are coming close to Earth, but there is nothing you can do except sit back and hope for the best 🙂 LOL
How is this going to effect your site, we will still have to wait and see how things infold. But at least you can find comfort in knowing that your site isn’t the only site that has suddenly found all of its interior pages with Google Page Ranks go from 4/10 to unranked. It appears that it is nothing you have done. Google is yet pushing out additional changes.